It may seem normal or cool to use marijuana. Many states are legalizing its use and people may think, “Well, if the government has said it’s safe for consumer consumption, why shouldn’t I use it?” If you’re a teen, there’s a whole HOST of reasons you might choose to say NO to cannabis.
THE TOP 5 REASONS TO AVOID MARIJUANA
- It can impair your learning ability
- It can cause issues with thinking and problem solving
- It can cause impaired coordination.
- It can create difficulty in paying attention in class.
- It can increase the risk of mental health issues.
Don’t take our word for it. The CDC’s website has a ton of helpful information about the dangers of marijuana use among teenagers. Check out their section on marijuana use here.
It is difficult to say NO to something that many of your friends might be regularly using. But remember, peer pressure is just that. PRESSURE. It isn’t a mandate that says you have to do what others do. Choose yourself and your best health. We believe in you!